Through a wide range of postgraduate courses, which may be either coursework or research based, the students of this PhD program have the opportunity to develop the unique talents needed for their future career on the field of Statistical Physics. The staff members within the Programs are experts in their chosen fields of research. Each brings specific skills to their Course, and collectively they provide a focus for intensive Statistical Physics research which strives for the highest standards of academic achievement. The PhD Program consequently offers stimulating and supportive environments for students engaging in postgraduate research in these areas.
If you are interested in joining us to pursue postgraduate studies in Statistical Physics, more detailed information is available from the menu.
List of the courses
- Many Body Physics out of Equilibrium (A.Silva, 2 credits)
- Statistical Physics of Cold Atoms (A.Trombettoni, 3 credits)
- Topics in Classical and Quantum Computing (A.Scardicchio, 2 credits)
- Spin glasses (M.Müller, 2 credits)
- Quantum Theory of Magnetism (M.Kiselev, 2 credits)
- Introduction to Bethe Ansatz (F.Franchini, 2 credits)
- Random Matrices (V.Kravtsov, 2 credits)
- Quantum Statistical Physics and Field Theory (G.Mussardo, 5 credits)
- Integrable Field Theories and Critical Phenomena (A.Delfino, 3 credits)
- Stochastic Dynamics in Statistical Physics (A.Gambassi, 3 credits)
- Introduction to Probability and Stochastic Processes (M.Marsili, 3 credits)
- Stochastic Loewner evolution (M.Rajabpour, 2 credits)